Saturday, December 17, 2011

Why we chose the Peugeot 5008? Part.1

When we bought the Peugeot 5008,  lots of people asked me "Why you get this car? Why not Honda Odyssey?" or "Peugeot? Good kan???" or "Wah that price you can get so many new cars!" or "For that price why didn't you get used Toyota Veillfire?"

Firstly, I am a car guy, so I know what I am doing when I am out there searching for a new car and so I don't need people to tell me "Waaahhh you can buy a Honda Odyssey!" Secondly, Bruneian has this perception that Peugeot is unreliable.  Local buyer tend to listen to what people has to say but never actually research about it.  Thirdly,  me and my wife strictly want an European car and has to be brand new because the interest on second hand car loan is simply too unrealistic.

So, less talk now and lets get started on what really make me choose the PEUGEOT 5008.


PANORAMIC ROOF
This is the first thing that caught my eye when we checked out on the 5008.  I always said to my wife that I never in my life had bought a car with a sunroof yet.  So this was the car first buying point.

Panoramic roof located near the gear console

My son loves it when we open the sunblind! And yes this is a full length roof and is huge!


H.U.D
HEADS UP DISPLAY
The second buying point is the HUD.  Not many car in Brunei market has this option as standard because they cost a bomb.  The only car I can remember having this feature is the new BMW M5.  Though most of the Peugeot models imported by T.C.Y has this option as standard including the 3008 and 407.

HUD will auto slid out when you turn the ignition on and vise versa when the ignition is turn off

The controls for the HUD

HUD in action

It show you the speed, cruise control, speed limited and how far the car in front is ahead of you 

Sample view taken on Internet

7 Seaters and Boot Space
All the car that we went checking cannot do one job.  BOOT SPACE!  All of them were either too small or simply cannot fit my baby stroller.   This is the only one car that has a space big enough for my baby stroller and still got tons of space for shopping within our budget. By the way, the baby stroller is not your typical stroller, it really is huge!

 The boot with 3rd row seats folded down

Now to unfold the seats back

All you need to do is just pull one level! Easy!

WA-LA!  Seats are back!
 

I personally tried the 3rd row seat and to be honest it still seat me comfortably(btw, I am 185cm tall!) .


To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment