Thursday, June 27, 2013

Visit to Indera Motors Showroom


Today I pay a visit to a new showroom in town called INDERA MOTORS.  This new company is now currently the authorised distributor of Jaguar & Range Rover in BRUNEI!  Jaguar has been absent in Brunei scene for quite sometime and was last imported by Premier Motors whereas  Range Rover last owner was QAF Motors(yes the same company that owned BMW, MINI & PORSCHE).

When I walked into the showroom, this hot red Jaguar XFR stood out from the whole showroom floor.  This is one of the top range XF with V8 Supercharged!  The engine produced a raw 500hp capable of flying off the 0-100km/hr mark in less then 5 secs!  Price is estimated to be BND198,000.


The XF below is the normal version which is fitted with 3.0 V6 engine. Estimated price is around BND$100,000


This black cat below is the new Jaguar XJ, the largest Jaggggggg in the range.  I was told it is fitted with 2.0L 4cyclinder engine!!@#  First thing came into my mind was WTF is a 2.0 doing in such a big car???  Seriously come on,  even though it is turbo-charged, the 4 bangers might have trouble hauling this big cat(in my opinion).


My first encounter with a full LCD instrumental cluster!  It was so cool to see the screen when you started the engine.  Having the privilege to own and drive so many luxury cars in my life I have to say my first time sitting inside a Jaguar is sure as impressive as the first time I sat in my family S-Class and 7 Series.  Opening a Jaguar door is also quite a feat because it is very solid and yes the feel is heavy! LOL

This is the only Range Rover available in the showroom.  I was told the rest of the range will be arriving later in the year.  This silver EVOQUE is a diesel fitted engine.  Price is BND$109,000.  Not bad if you ask me, the car itself is loaded with options.



In case you didn't know, Jaguar owned Range Rover hence the sharing of the motorized pop-up gearknob.  Again, in case you didn't know, both are owned by Indian conglomerate, TATA Motors!

No comments:

Post a Comment