Saturday, November 8, 2014

The Day I Test Drove A 2014 Porsche Macan


Continuing with my last post at QAF with my buddy, I took a stroll to the other side of QAF showroom to say hi to my salesperson.  Porsche showroom is always my favorite showroom to visit in QAF. They are big and spacious and of course all the beautiful Porsche sitting on the showroom.  While chit chatting with the salesperson, he recommended my friend  to check out the the Porsche Macan sitting outside the showroom.  I was at the driver seat and he asked why not take it out for a spin.  Without hesitation, we closed the doors and took off with him and my friend. LOL

How was it?  Well, let's me put this test drive in three parts. Performance, Handling and Gearbox.  I will not talk about the exterior and interior looks because these are subjective and the point of test driving is to feel the overall performance, am I right?

Performance - Rating 5/10.  Partly because this model is a non-S model, it has only 240hp from a 2.0 4 cyclinder engine source from Audi Q5.  The engine felt slow when push to the limit.  I have not test drove the S and Turbo yet but should be impressive given they are V6 turbo-charged!

Handling - I would rate 8.5/10.  This is by far the best handling SUV I had driven. The car felt like a sports car when cornering hard.  Body roll is minimal.  This model that we drove has a normal  set-up suspension.  Imagine if you option for the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM).  

Gearbox - Rating at 8/10 This is the second time I drove a PDK equipped Porsche.  The first being the Porsche Cayman I test drove way back in 2009.  As usual PDK gear shifting is lightning fast and super smooth.  The gear change is seamless and felt like a rocket that continuous charging forward.

Overall I am impress with this SUV, although it is a tad too small for my height.  I think it is more suitable for people who is below 6 foot.  The steering wheel as shown below is near identical to the iconic Porsche 918 Spyder hypercar.  This car only cost below BND$110K, the cheapest Porsche you can get in Brunei!




3 comments:

  1. I like the key =D

    Any 918's in Brunei yet?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was told 2 seriously orang kaya enquire but Porsche do not make Right hand drive 918 Spyder at the moment.

      Delete