Tuesday, December 16, 2014

The Day I Sat In A.....Mercedes-Benz S-Class S400


Yesterday I was with  my buddy at Jati Transport, Brunei Sole Agent of Mercedes-Benz.  He wanted to test drive the new 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class S400 and lucky enough there is one test-drive car available for him.  We jump to the front seats with the Marketing Manager tagging along.

First impression is what a luxury car it is to sit in.  Everything feel so high class inside.  The materials used is for sure high end and high quality.  This particular engine is a hybrid.  It has 306hp that goes to 100km/hr from zero in 6.8sec.  The car didn't feel as fast as I hope it can be partly also because of the sheer size of this car.  It is big, long and heavy.

Upon driving out of the car parking lot, I immediately felt the seats adjusting the bolster on my waist according to my friend cornering behavior.  It was an experience I never felt before.  Every corner he changed the seat will adjust automatically to make sure I seat perfectly.
 

This has to be the biggest LCD I ever see fitted inside a car and they have TWO inside!!!  They are 12.3" in size per screen
 

This car is fitted with BURMESTER sound system.  They are from Germany and another company that I do know has this sound system as option for most of their cars is PORSCHE.  They ain't cheap,  a Porsche Panamera Sound system is a BND$18,000 option!  Yeap, you can buy a Toyota VIOS with that money.
 

Check out the buttons lay-out and the COMAND center. Another unique feature(not shown here) is the Active Perfume system.  Basically is like a air purify system where you purchase a bottle of perfume from their wide ranges of scene which cost about $100.  The system is located in the glove box and it will individualise the smell of your S-Class!  Classy!
  

I felt like a millionaire sitting at the back.  The back seats is also fully reclinable like a First-Class airline seats.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment