Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Servicing My Nissan Skyline ER34


It's that time of the year where I have to service my Number.1 garage queen, Nissan Skyline ER34.  Last service I checked was way back in December 2013.  I only manage to drive this car once a week, sometime once a forthnight.  So is OK to service this late.  I also had other small issues which I also wanted the mechanic to check so pitted the car at SHHProShop at Gadong Central.

Normally I uses SHELL Ultra Helix as my prefered engine oil but this time I gave HKS a try.  This particular oil brand is called HKS Super Racing Oil.  Rated at 10W45 and cost me $80 per tank(4 litres).   The oil viscosity rating is recommended for stock car to lightly tuned cars and is 100% synthetic. I was told by the owner this is their best selling oil in the shop.

The little HKS box is the Hybrid Oil filter.  Cost me around $30 bucks.

I picked up my car the next following day and immediately felt the differences between SHELL Helix Ultra and HKS engine oil.  Can feel the engine is running smoother.  Will stick to this brand of oil for my future ER34 services.



No comments:

Post a Comment