Monday, March 29, 2010

ER34 Short Shifter + ARC Titanium gearknob

I am sure a lot of petrolhead will know what a short shifter is. Basically it is to reduce the shift travel from each gear to the other thus making shifting gear efficient. I had the short shifter factory fitted in my Porsche Boxster S. So everytime I jump from Porsche to Skyline, the gear shift from one gear to another is so far always, it is like shifting gear in a lorry. LOL. Anyway, I got my ER34 a short shifter kit for about BND$60.00 online. It is a whole lot cheaper compared to Porsche short shifter which cost me roughly $800.00.

Top pic is normal shifter, lower pic is ftted with short shifter


As usual, my preferable workshop is always HKS SHH-Proshop. This is June trying out some sexy pose


This is the NISMO solid shifter that I used to have in my car. What is solid shifter? Well, I guess it is suppose to make your shifting solid? LOL


This is the short shifter that I purchased online


While I was waiting for the installation, I had an eye on the ARC Titanium gearknob. After a few discussion and test fitting, I finally bought that damn ball and fitted in the car too! (My Boxster S had some influenced in this decision)


Before


After....now I can shift my ER34 just like my 987.2


1 comment:

  1. Bro, wanna sell off the NISMO solid shifter? Email me ok? - eujin[at]hotmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete