Saturday, March 26, 2011

Alamak!!!!!! Broken ER34 Gauge Pod!!! Pt.1

Things are certainly not going well for my ER34 today. While driving to work, I discover that the central gauges had some how "came-off" from its mounting. If I can recall, the gauges are suppose to be held by two screws. Those who are not familiar with Nissan ER34, the car originally come with triple gauges pod installed on the central console.

When I reached my shop, I quickly grab my tools for further inspection of the problem....


My worst fear came true, the gauge pod that were usually held by two screws are no longer there (shown on red). The plastic points where the screws are suppose to be screwed on are now broken and now there is nothing holding the gauges in place. I don't know why, maybe the car is just too old or maybe Nissan had crap plastic material....


For now, I will just use 3M double-sided tape to hold it it place first. Will try to work out on something to have it fitted back again properly.


Now the top center console is very empty and very ugly....LOL


Should I move my Defi VSD to this side ? Thinking thinking....


No comments:

Post a Comment