Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My Dream Machines....That Got Away.....


I am sure all the car lovers out there has certain car that they wish they can own. We are not talking about supercar class here,  we are talking cars that you and me can actually afford.  We all been there before, seeing your favorite machine drove pass you and you asking yourself  "Damn I wish I can have you!"

For me, Toyota Supra and Dodge Nitro are the two machines that gave me this feeling.  The first time when I saw a Toyota Supra it wasn't even a real car.  It was a 1/24 scale plastic car model that I discovered in a hobby store back in Perth Australia when I first started out car modelling,  It was 1993 at that time and yes that is 20 years ago and the car still look amazing!  Toyota Supra no doubt age very well with its look.  I have a big heart for this car but sadly I never had the chance to sit in one yet! To find a prestine condition in Brunei is very hard.  Last I remember one for sale in some website for below BND$40k!


Next up is the DODGE NITRO
When it was imported back in 2009 I was still working for my parent and couldn't afford this beast.  The car is no longer available in Brunei now that I can afford it!  DAMN!  When I was out searching for my family car last year, this is the car that top the list!  I am a big MOPAR fans and seeing this on the road give me the chill down my spine.


I don't why but Dodge models always give me that WOW factors compare to other brand.  Maybe because their car is big and bulky and their design very much sum up the whole car itself.
 

I do not know how many units were imported in Brunei but it is very very rare to see one in Brunei road.  Finding a used one is near impossible because I had never seen one for sale!  The price for a brand new Nitro at that time was around BND$70K.  Cheap consider the price hike now due to increas in Custom Vehicle Tax in Brunei.
 

Sigh! I really would love to own these two beauties here.  Just like the Daihatsu Materia that I had before, it is one of my must get car in my list.  Sadly it didn't last 1 year. LOL


No comments:

Post a Comment