Monday, October 31, 2016

Car Spotting In Brunei - Porsche (?)


#credit photo to axtelwong
#credit to the original car owner

There was a car show going on at Jerudong Park last weekend.  The social media were flooded with pictures for that two day events.  This particular black unit caught my attention and immediately I asked my good buddy #axtelwong to help take detail photos of it.  

Can you tell what model this is?  It is a Porsche but looks can be deceiving.  If you are a Porschephile you will know this is not the 911 (997.2).  The roof line will give away a big hint what hide underneath the body.

This lady and gentleman is the Porsche Cayman S.  Yeap, a Cayman S with a full cosmetic makeover to mimic the 911(997.2).  The kit installed in this Cayman is one very expensive kit.  It cost a whooping USD$13,000 depend on where you purchase online.  Price is not inclusive of shipping and local tax.  So we are looking close to BND$20,000 to have it fully imported to Brunei.  And yes those are genuine Porsche front and rear lamps(not included in the kit price)!

I came across this kit several years ago while I was searching for a kit for my Boxster S.  This kit was one of the best kit to have come out for Boxster/Cayman.  The kit require most body panel to be replaced.  Some section will require drilling and attachment on the original Cayman panels.  This wheels is aftermarket TECHART Formula III wheels.  You can choose different front bumper to suit your taste.  Here are the link 1.  If you have the balls you can even convert your Boxster to the Porsche 918 Spyder! But this kit cost a whooping USD$200,000. LOL!

I am quite stoked to see one of this kit in Brunei!   The last time I saw a Porsche with full body make over was a genuine  Yellow Porsche TECHart 996 Turbo S.  That car was really a sight to behold. Hopefully I can see this Cayman on road soon or even meet the owner.  I am really interested to know the progress of this car from the beginning to the end.  I give this car a big two thumbs up.
 




No comments:

Post a Comment