Friday, October 21, 2016

Porsche Boxster S Gear Shifting Problem!!!


Well, I was half way in my beautiful shower and my wife called me and told me the Boxster is stucked in reverse gear!  I was a bit puzzle when she mentioned that to me.  So I quickly hop out of the shower and zoom straight Sg.Akar roundabout where she is stranded.  Thank god it was just a few minutes from our home.

When I check on the car I realised the gear is indeed stucked in reverse gear.  She told me the gear shift suddenly became "loose" when she was shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.  So she stop at the roundabout and try to shift to 1st gear which incidentally shifted to reverse gear. 

I called "Porsche Assistance" which then connected me to Porsche Malaysia.  (Yes!  Porsche Malaysia LOL) I explained to the assistance over the phone about the stucked reverse gear.  I was then told to wait for a return call and so we wait around 10mins.  She told us since our car is no longer under warranty then there won't be any free towing.  I was like WTF? come on, my insurance already covered free towing.  I don't care about the free towing.  I just want to know is it safe to tow the car in reverse gear!!!  Apparently the assistance is no help but thank goodness I called up QAF Porsche Service Advisor, Ira, and she contacted her supervisor and advised me what to do during the towing.

What a night!  We waited for the tow truck to arrive and now my lil Boxster is resting at QAF Eurokar Porsche.  Tomorrow I will be going to the showroom and have a chit chat to see what the heck is going on.  Hopefully is nothing major.



No comments:

Post a Comment