Friday, November 2, 2018

Project : W210 - Lower Dashboard Panel Carpet



Hello readers!  Today post will be the continuation of my Project:W210.  As you can see from the upper picture, my lower dashboard panel was removed due to the carpet not sticking on the panel.

As you can see from the picture below, the glue is no longer doing its job.  It was quite annoying every time I drive the car as it gets in the way and I was afraid I will make more damages to the carpet.  So I took a few tools and removed the panel in less then 10mins!


The grey bit is made of natural coconut tree material



I went to a hardware store nearby my house and bought this "STICK IT" from Carplan.  I am familiar with using interior glue so this one was a quick and easy fix.  It cost only $11.20 and all you need to do is sprayed the area that you want to glue.  The glue will set in a few minutes!


Here is the final result!  I was planning to have this done professionally by a interior upholstery dealer but they wanted to charge me BND$50.00!!!.  Guess who didn't earn my money~


No comments:

Post a Comment