Monday, August 15, 2011

Why I Chose the Daihatsu Materia?




Before I officially kick start my little PROJECT:MATERIA, I would like to share a bit more about the Daihatsu Materia with my readers.


Details:-
Manufacturer : Daihatsu
Model :
Materia(Asia, Europe, Australasia), Coo (Japan)
Class : 5 Door Mini MPV
Engine : 1.5L 3SZ-VE
Engine HP :
108hp
Torque :
141 N-m
Transmission :
4 speed Automatic
Related to :
Toyota bB Gen.2, Subaru Dex

Click For Larger View

Did you know that Daihatsu Materia/Coo, Toyota bB Gen.2 and Subaru Dex all shared the same chassis and body. The only differences between these three cars are the front bumper, rear bumper and some interior specification. They even shared the same engine, transmission and are all manufactured from the same factory.


When Toyota launched the new bB Gen.2, I immediately fall in love with the shape of the car. I was so disappointed when I found out it was a Japanese Domestic market(JDM) car. BUT, when Daihatsu Materia was announced, I was jumping back in joy as it is a world market car. Sadly I didn't manage to buy the car because I already purchased the LEXUS IS300 six month prior its launch in Brunei. At that time, I was in need of a car and wasn't sure the local Daihatsu agent will bring in the car or not.


When I was searching for a used car for my CH-Toynation back in Feb 2011, there is no doubt the Daihatsu Materia is high on my list. I was planning to get the new KIA SOUL but due to budget concern I decided to stick to Materia.


While searching for the right car, I came across 3 different Daihatsu Materia for sale by both dealer and private owner. One dealer was selling at $17,700 and the other private was selling for $15,500. Both were the same color of Grey but both were in lousy condition and it was very high in mileage. Luckily I waited for a while and finally found one sweet White Materia(Yeap, I didn't know it was Bluish White Pearl) advertised in some Used-Car website. I contacted the owner and arranged for a test drive. Once the deal was done and wah-la, now I am the proud owner of this Materia.

This Daihatsu Materia will get its best treatment from me just like his other older siblings! :)
Thank you for reading!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment