Thursday, October 11, 2018

Nissan Skyline ER34 F-Con V Pro New Remap by SHHProshop and Seed Racing


R33, R34 & R35

Good morning readers!  Before I talked about my 2 months hiatus, lets talked about my ER34 first!  Why is my car up on the dyno?  Well, my car got some issues, the engine idling is not smooth and it sounded like Subaru boxer engine.  At full boost, the top end isn't pushing as hard.  The worst scenario was engine stalling during driving and idling.  I suspect it was the cable connected to my F-Con V Pro.

Ever since the car has these issues I had always wanted to bring my car to SHH Proshop so that Mr.Hideto from Seed Racing Japan can have a look at the F-Con V Pro to see what are causing all these symptoms! 


Every year SHH Proshop will organise a group tuning session and sadly I missed last year and this year April tuning schedule.   So when I was told there will be another tuning schedule in October I immediately put my ER34 on the list.


When I was told to bring my car in on 09 Oct 2018, Mr.Hideto checked the ECU and found out it is a cable issue.  It was a quick fix and he told me to test the car to see if the symptoms still persist.  Before that, we had a quick chat  together with Danny, owner of SHH Proshop.  A recommendation was made to have my ECU re-tune after Mr.Hideto took a "look" into my ER34 mapping. 

Normally only the tuner of the car can access to the ECU mapping.  My last tuner, Mr.Ohura, didn't lock the ECU hence it was opened to anyone with a F-CON program to view or edit. Luckily I never let anyone touch my car except SHH Proshop.  I was reluctant at first to remap but SHHProshop offer me a deal that I cannot refuse!  So a re-tune was given a go ahead!


To prep for the remap, my car went in for a general servicing which was also pass overdue!  HKS engine oil was used couple with HKS oil filter. We also flushed the coolant fluid for a fresh new one and a fresh new HKS radiator cap.  Of course a pre-check on all the engine components was performed to make sure everything are up to speed.  


Mr.Hideto started the dyno tuning and on-road tuning after everything was green lit.  During the tuning, ER34 NISMO fuel pump went kaput!  This particular fuel pump was last installed in 2002!  It lasted 18years! Talk about money well spent.  Luckily SHH Proshop has a specific ER34 HKS fuel pump in stock.  So in with the new and out with the old!



Today (11-Oct 2018) my ER34 was returned back to me.  I was told to give the car a test drive for any feedback and issue.  First thing when I started the engine is how much louder my exhaust note is.  Secondly how damn f**king smooth the engine has turn out.  I hoped into my seat and went out for a quick spin on way home.  The first thing I said when I pedal to the metal is "OMFG, SHIT!". I had never felt this torque sensation compared to my last tune back in 2008.  It was a rainy day and my car was wheel spinning on 1st and 2nd gears! LOL!  That was some scary shit my pants moment.  Then came 3rd gear, the instant torque from 3500rpm all the way to 7300rpm was intoxicating.  You can say I am a very very happy customer!



 For the next few days I will be frequently testing the car before Mr.Hideto returns back to Japan on 17 Oct 2018.  Good tuner always want you to report back if there is any problem or unsatisfactory with the car they tuned.



Anyone want to guess how much HP my car is now currently making?


................AND YES I AM BACK INTO BLOGGING!!!!!


3 comments:

  1. Good to have you back Eric!. Been checking your blog like everyday waiting for an update. Anyway my guess for the er34 hp is around 500+?. Seems like the sudden rush of torque definitely is more than 500 hp.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i wish it was 500hp lol.. the car was getting a check up and only some minor fix on the map.. hp shud be the same as before only improved torque

      Delete
  2. Good to see your back, been checking bi weekly, hope all is well

    ReplyDelete