Saturday, January 9, 2010

Introducing my 3rd ride....Porsche Boxster S (987 Gen II)

Porsche Boxster S

Finally, my new 2010 Porsche Boxster S. It is the latest facelift Porsche Boxster S (987 Gen II). The car was deposit on 1st September 09, but only had it built by Porsche AG Germany around mid October. Yes, if you want to special or custom order your Porsche you will have to book a "build date" with Porsche AG, unless you buy it off the showroom stocks.

11.40 a.m / 08.01.2010
I was told the car will be arriving to Brunei around 29th December 2009 just before New Year. It ended up arriving in Muara Port on 6th Jan 2010. I had waited long enough and finally they told me the car will reach the showroom at 1pm on 8th Jan 2010. Today, I was on the phone with one of the sales person, Alex(highly recommended saleslady), after chatting with her my good buddy Willy rang me and said he saw a big trailer with a few Porsches on it! That really got my adrenaline pumped and I called my wife and told her that the car is finally here. So we met up lunch together with another buddy of mine, Albert.

12.45 p.m / 08.01.2010
After lunch, I brought Albert along to QAF showroom (no one was suppose to know it arrived today but anyway I just bring him along). When I reached the showroom, I was greeted by Alex and she show me to my car. And there it is waiting inside the workshop. Check it out!

Speed Yellow Exterior


Lots of protective foam around the body~


I can't see the roof either!


Ocean Blue Interior, You can see the custom Porsche carpet on the passenger seat


Yes, I want my first Porsche to be a manual transmission!!! Pure driving experience!!!


That is me trying to start the engine! LOL and the damn car just won't start!


If you see in between the wipers there is one small tiny red knob. It is a pre-safe system to prevent unauthorise start of engine before PDI (Porsche Delivery Inspection). Alex pulled the red knob and I restart the ignition and the whole engine just scream into action!


More pictures coming up once I got the car homologated and registered!

No comments:

Post a Comment