Friday, July 13, 2012

My Dodge Journey Accessories - Fake PHILIPS Xenon Kit!!!

Original Packing

I had been CONNED!!! The Philips Xenon system that I bought from the Philips website was a FAKE!!!  DAMN!!! I thought I was always careful when purchasing online, guess I was wrong!!!  Man, I am so pissed!!!  Sigh.....Here are the details for looking out on fake Philips Xenon or HID systems.

From Genuine Philips website.......
>>The Question We get quite often is how do you tell if a Philips HID kit is Real or not. there are a few different things to check for:
Philips bulbs will be marked Philips Germany
Philips bulbs will have a red salts in the 6000k bulbs and white salts in the 4300k bulbs
Philips bulbs will be labeled with a security label that can be tracked on www.philips.com
Philips HID Kits only use KET wiring connectors not amp
Philips ballasts will only have KET connectors
>> A few things you can look for if a Company is trying to pass a fake kit off as real one:
Packaging looks the same but contents inside IE bulbs and ballasts are marked Philips Patent, Philips Patent bulbs are not made by Philips and are not made in Germany.
Kit comes in two boxes like the original but the boxes are grey instead of white with the philips logo
Ballasts come in a odd shape or are slim ballasts.
Wiring coming from the ballast is AMP style and not the Philips KET wiring


Original Details

After reading the first few details I knew immediately that I had bought a fake system.  I can't do anything now.  Just that next time I will be more careful when I am purchasing online.  Hopefully this fake Philips Xenon will last me sometime.  Luckily the website provide a 2 years warranty on the fake system.  Hopefully the warranty is not fake either. LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment