Friday, July 20, 2012

Which One III? Part 2 - Ride No.4 Cancelled !!!

Hi again readers,  today is a very angry day for me!  I had some issue with the BMW salesperson and had decided to cancel the car. 

WHY DID I CANCEL????
Let's just say the salesman is incompetent and all he cares about is making that sales for his commission. For a marque like BMW, you would expect excellent services to live up to that brand name but all I got was the opposite of that.  I will withhold this salesperson name but if you must know who he is please do email me.  I will not recommend him to anyone!!!

Firstly I will let you guys know what car I had booked back in March.  It was the latest BMW 1-Series 118i.  Upon booking the car, we were told to pick our exterior and interior colors.  We had picked White exterior color with Red leather interior(just like the one below).  The price mentioned to me was $55,800.  Expecting to arrive in July 2012.  I tried to bargain for some discount on the car but the salesperson insist that the price is an offer price and they usually do not give discount.  In my opinion, it is always up to the salesperson to offer the discount.  There is no such thing as "NO DISCOUNT!!!!".  I decided not to argue too much with him about the cost as he was very hard-headed.



In May this year, I dropped my Porsche for general services and decided to pop into BMW next door.  I met my BMW salesperson and he briefly said to me...

"There is a bump in price of $800.00 in the BMW 1-Series I booked.  Everyone who had booked the 1-Series had been notified and I was about to notify you"

I said to myself "WTF???? You are "about" to notify me??? What kind of excuses is this?!"

I decided not to be mad or angry as it was only a small matter.  I was told the reason for the increase in prices is that they had upgraded all 1-Series wheels in this shipment from 17" to 18" in size.  Not a bad things to be angry at.

Late last month(June), I went to QAF BMW again to check on the status of the arrival of my 1-SERIES.  My salesperson again assured me that it will be arriving early of July.  So I mentioned about the price because I need him to prepare finances for the car. 

He then said to me "The car cost $55,800 plus the increase of $800 and not inclusive of insurance as the price was a "SHOWROOM PRICE".

Upon hearing that sentence I got real mad and this time I shooted back at him and said "Why is the price not covered with insurance?  I never bought a car in my life that has no insurance included! Even my Porsche has insurance covered when I bought it new and is from QAF!".
 
The insurance cost only $1200 but I really find it ridiculous to pay my own insurance for my own brand new car. My new Dodge Journey is inclusive of insurance!!!! So as my Porsche...Peugeot...Lexus and Nissan!!!!  So to cut the story short, the hard-headed salesperson stood his ground and won't budge on including the insurance.

I contacted the BMW Sales Manager and voiced out my experiences with this salesperson.  The BMW Sales Manager was at one point helpful but the final decision by his upper management really turn the experience of buying a car from QAF BMW to a hell hole shit damn fxxk experience. 

The following day, the salesperson contacted me again and said "Have you decided to buy the car?  Because if you don't want the car then I can let go the car to our waiting list customer" 

At this point my answer was "I am not interested in getting that car from you anymore. and that was the last of our final conversation.  The conversation was like telling me "Either you buy or fxxk off!"


I am very frustrated right now as I had waited 4 months for nothing!!!  My wife was pretty much as mad as me when heard about this matter.  I learned my lesson big time from this hell experience! The next time when I am purchasing a brand new car, I will make sure every words coming out of a salesperson had to be written in black/white paper.  What ever deal they promised, at least I had the black/white to back it up in case they decided to turn the table around.

No comments:

Post a Comment