Sunday, March 27, 2016

1st Borneo Kustom Show 2016 - Part 1 : Blast from the Pasts!


Good afternoon readers!  I just returned from "1st Borneo Kustom Show 2016" that is happening right now at BRIDEX, Jerudong!  When I heard about the event I was a bit skeptical till I saw the flow of photos from the event coming in from social media.  I said to myself I have to check it out in case I miss anything special!

The ticket cost $5 per day and the event kick off from 26th to 27th March.  It will cost you $8 for two days events.  Children under 12 years old will be charged for $2.00 only although my daughter got in for free!  As this is the first time its being held it is a pretty big show in my opinion for Brunei standard!  I cannot imagine the future show when people heard about the success from the 1st event!

The show has two sections, indoor and outdoor.  Both sections comprised of cool custom cars and custom bikes.  As for the custom cars it is classified into several groups.  There are classic cars, JDM from both the past and modern era.  There are also movie car and also several ultra rare supercar that did a quick drop in for photo session!  I am not a bike guy but the bike that was displayed was pretty impressive!  

OK, less talk and more photos!


 This VW Beetle caught my attention.  If you look closely the roof had been chopped!  Looks like a "Rat-rod" ready for race!

 This one is called the Rat Rob (or Mat Mob?).Looks mean enough for going offroad any time!

 

Cool old skool VeeDub Beetles


The engine are properly restored as well!  I am impressed with some of the clean engine bay looks

I saw this Morris MINI a few months ago in Gadong but couldn't catch up to take some proper picture.  Today finally I can stand up closed and personal with cool photos to share with you all.  Although this car is not from Brunei, I believe the owner reside in Brunei.


Coolest MINI ever!  Don't think I can fit in this car...LOL

Monte Carlo MINI anyone?

1 comment:

  1. MD 6096 this mini was owned by the Gadong Central Lao Di fang boss

    ReplyDelete