Tuesday, May 7, 2019

Project : W210 - Headlamp Restoration



 Since the headlamp had been disassembled it is also the right time to have those headlamp properly polish to bring back its original clear looks.  I bought this DIY headlight restoration kit a while back and finally can put into good use.


I do not have a polisher so I used my drill as a polisher!  LOL!

The task is pretty simple, it require the usual sanding, polishing and buffing.  It took me around 1 hour to have these two headlamp cover properly restored. And yes the kit came with all the necessary sand paper, buffer and liquid to do the job.

After the sanding, polishing and buffing, I had to applied a special liquid that came with the kit.  I had them baked under our hot sun for a few hours.

So here are the final result for both the headlamps.  What do you guys think?



The restoration kit cost me around BND$20.00 online.  And it is highly recommended by many user.  I will update again in my next post on the car newly restored headlamps!

No comments:

Post a Comment