Saturday, July 24, 2010

Project : W210 [ Day 37 : Problem Fixed - Windscreen Panels ]

Day 5 : The Ride
Day 8 : The Big Problem
Day 14 : The Big Plan
Day 15 : Parts Arrival - Key Blade
Day 16 : The Small Problem
Day 34 : Parts Arrival - O.E Hood Emblem
Day 37 : Problem Fixed - Windscreen Panels

Day 37:-
Good Morning! Just had this fixed last week at Jati Transport. I couldn't source this item online so my last resort is always go back to Mercedes Benz Dealer and order O.E from them. The items cost me BND$73.10 including labor charges. Quite pricey for two pieces of plastic panels which gain no performance or looks on the car. Oh well, it has to be replaced or else it is an eyesore everything I get in and out of the car looking at the million pieces of broken plastic held by some tapes...

When I picked up the car I was surprised to see the parts were not identical to the original broken parts. To my surprise Mercedes Benz Germany actually acknowledge that the original parts is full of craps and will not last long in our weather so they have the old design replaced with a newer design.

Before the replacement


These are the newer Windscreen panels replacement!



Plenty of air vents, for what hell to go in or out that I do not know...



Here are the unwanted replaced parts.... ready to go to the Bin!


Seriously sh*t quality from Mercedes, even when I am holding it now it broke into more pieces!


No comments:

Post a Comment